Monday, November 11, 2013

Rage

It's not anger frothing over,
Nor impatience breaking through;
Just that life has such to offer,
My rage has naught to do with you.

It's frustration that emerges forth,
It's despair on the run;
No, I haven't forgotten your worth,
It's nothing that you've done.

It spills across, the futile wrath,
It pours out through the cracks;
And once we're on a warpath,
None can halt us on our tracks.

Remorse, regret, have no place
When damage has been done;
Quickly may you pass the phase,
Bad lessons swiftly forgotten.

7 comments:

  1. What better way to rage -
    'The Pen, mightier than the Sword'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inner strength and inner struggle have been so presented that it reaches to heart right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anger , blind anger....
    nice elucidation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to write like this Jeena Ma'm. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anil, you're very kind. (But I doubt if you want to experience the rage that provoked this.)

      Delete
  5. Awe, Jeena- I loved this poem! The last line is sticking with me..You are very talented:-)

    ReplyDelete