Wednesday, January 12, 2011

... Stop doing it!

Somebody told me recently, "if you don't like doing what you're doing, then stop doing it."

I did not contradict him or agree with him, but it made me a wee bit uneasy. The discussion was on something else, and this had come in between. I had a hunch that the person knew what he was talking about, so I did not hover over this for long. But I have this unpleasant habit of regurgitating thoughts much after the talk is over. It might not be as easy as it seems, to drop what you're doing because you don't enjoy doing it. And I am not talking (only) about career. Aren't there a lot of things in life that we do because we have to, we're expected to, we need to, but we don't want to?


Related post... Take your own path


1 comment:

  1. "if you don't like doing what you're doing, then stop doing it."

    Sadly, that sometimes, is not an option at all! There may be other opinions, but this is what i have seen, and believe.

    ReplyDelete