Monday, January 17, 2011

Random thoughts: Children's TV

A television channel for children must seem like a good idea, but there is only one problem...

When a five-year-old wants to watch, they play a complicated science program that makes use of Sodium Bicarbonate or talks of Carbon dioxide (--"Mamma, it's Prateek's program and he's speaking in Hindi."  --"Better watch some other channel, son.") and when a ten-year-old places himself before the set, there comes the puppet show, "Galli Galli Sim Sim." ("Ugh, it's the kids' program again!")

Speaking of children's TV, I must say M.A.D has become one of my favourite shows, and I think Rob is an incredibly talented guy. My five-year-old watches the program intently and after it is over, takes a paper, and starts to draw or fold and create things the way he has seen Rob do.

Yes, just in case anyone is wondering, there are programs that I encourage my son to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment