Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Memoirs 8 - The Loser


I am sitting on the roadside as the crowd flashes past, the traffic flows and stops with the signals. Some look at me with a feeling akin to sympathy and understanding - they throw a coin my way - I turn my face away. I once rode with dignity the streets they now wander. I know what they think; but they won't understand my plight, until they find themselves here, where I now wait.


The waiting is neverending, it would grind the backbone of an ordinary individual. But I am far from ordinary. I can endure this with more mettle because this is what I have been weathering all my life, the failures and the rejections and the just-misses. This is what each stepping stone called 'Loss' has been preparing me for, over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment