Monday, April 13, 2009

Doing what you like and liking what you do

"This job requires working late, as our clients are Europeans and their day starts after our lunch", the interviewer said.
"That would be a problem", said I. "I need to get home by half past seven. I have a small son, you see."
"Oh! Half past seven? Hmm-mm."
"How late do you think it will get ?"
"Around eleven-ish? It happens only once a week, maybe twice a week."
"Eleven is too late, I don't think I can take up this job."

"Why don't you go for teaching," the lady said kindly, as I got up to leave. "Get an M.Tech and join a university. It's a cool job. You get vacations, classes would be an hour or two a day and you can reach home early. Perfect job for a woman!"
I was silent. She went on about the benefits of being a lecturer.

"But I don't want to do that", I thought. "why can't I do what I want and still be able to manage my personal life?"


Take your own path
Work-Life Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment