Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nostalgia


Raindrops on the roof,
A clink of the gate;
Cries of a little bird 
Every morning at eight...

The tweets of a Sparrow,
The squeaks of a Squirrel;
The rustle of leaves
In the early morning breeze...

The rain-lashed ground,
Ripe fruits in the trees;
The caws of the Crow,
The buzz of the bees...

Flowers of all colour,
Medicinal plants;
The swaying green cover
Of Coconut trees...

A cough of a rickshaw,
Women selling fish;
Squeals of the kids
Splashing mud in the streets...

The growl of the scooter 
Coming up the drive;
Friends across walls
Catching up on life...

The place of my childhood,
The home of my dreams;
I miss the place!
Oh, how I miss the place...

6 comments:

  1. Nostalgia is a very powerful thing, it can give you solace and it can give you melancholy :) Your poem made me nostalgic for my native town too.. It's quite a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mera Gaon, Mera Desh and few times water within eyes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem and i liked your intro to labyrinths of life and an awesome title too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still listen to those sounds and smell the flavour.And miss a couple of kids!
    Love.

    ReplyDelete