Monday, April 9, 2012

A flower from the past


This flower takes me back to 17-18 years ago. 

I first came across them one summer, growing wild all over an ill-kept garden, swaying in the wind, totally oblivious of the surroundings and their new admirer. When the flowers gave way to seeds, I collected them and brought them home, saying to my Mother, "I want these flowers to grow wild on our garden as well."

On my last visit home a few months ago, my Mother gave me a few seeds and said, Plant this in your garden.

Our living space having shrunk, I do not have a wide garden where these flowers can grow wild as they did long ago, so I planted them in a pot. 

The first flower blossomed last week.

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Jeena. The first blossoms become an inspiration, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice! Its always great to see something that we've planted grow up and bear fruit! Sometimes its challenging but the efforts are worth it!
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love flowers, wild or tamed, in the ground or in pots. it makes springtime special. Life again after the snows

    ReplyDelete