Saturday, December 31, 2011

Not-a-year-end Blog


I did contemplate doing a real year-end blog this year. After all, isn't every blogger expected to?

In the last three years of my blog-land existence, I have done my share of year-end retrospectives. But I don't think it is right to pass judgement on the year past or term it 'good', 'disastrous', etc. Nor is it a great idea to expect the coming year to be outstanding.

Some people need a New Year to make resolutions. It's a fashion to say later, 'I have broken all my resolutions for this year.' So be it.

I don't like the idea of pining hopes on a fresh, young year and putting so much pressure on it.

It's not fair to expect that something new is going to happen to us in the coming year.

After all, isn't the New Year just another set of days, weeks and months?

The year ain't going to make our days beautiful - we are.

The whole New Year thing is way over-rated, don't you think?

Yeah, I know. Knowledge that cometh of growing old and all that.

Or wisdom that cometh from hoping too much and seeing those hopes come to nothing.

Whatever, as they say.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Jeena, a Happy New Year to you too. Honest thoughts are always better than affectations. I put up a post 'Happy New Year' on 1st of Jan last year to the effect that in God's scheme of things, each day is as important as the other and that Man invented time for his own convenience.

    Here is my resolution for this year: to read everything that you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jeena :) To another year of plenty of wonderful write-ups.. :-)

    ReplyDelete